各課について サイトマップ トップページへ
Fujiyoshida City
Fonts size Normal Big Ex-Big
Search
検索
Information for Residents
Information for visitors
Information for Mt.Fuji climbers
Event information
Notifications from city hall
Location
Home - Residents - Health insurance
 
2017年6月12日 更新
印刷用ページを開く
Health insurance
National Health Insurance Subsection (kokuho gakari), Fujiyoshida City Hall (0555) 22-1111 ext. 172 or 173
All foreign nationals must have some type of health insurance. There are two types of mutual medical assistance.
1.Social Health Insurance (shakai hoken):
This is employer-provided health insurance. Premium payments are automatically deducted from the employee's monthly salary. With this type of insurance, the company pays half of the total premium and the insured employee pays the other half. Coverage is 90% of medical costs for the employee and 70% for family members.
2.National Health Insurance (kokumin kenko hoken)
Those who are not enrolled in Social Health Insurance must enroll in the National Health Insurance Program. Non-Japanese residents with an alien registration card who live in Japan for at least one hear may join, The premium for this insurance is calculated based on income, property owned, and the number of dependents. The insured person and family members will have 70% of their medical expenses covered. The remaining 30% must be paid after receiveing treatment. To Apply: Bring your alien registration card and personal seal (signature is OK) to the National Health Insurance Subsection of City Hall to fill out an application. You will then be issued a health insurance card (hokensho) which must be presented to receive medical treatment.
IMPORTANT: The following are NOT covered by either health insurance plan:
  • Normal pregnancy and childbirth
  • Orthodontial work
  • Medical check-ups and vaccinations
  • Work-related injuries (this is covered by labor injury insurance)
  • Injury or illness caused by a third person
  • Cosmetic medical or dental treatment.
End of main contents
ページのトップへ
Fujiyoshida Office of International Affairs
6-1-1 Shimoyoshida, Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi, Japan 403-8601
Tel: 0555-24-1236  Fax: 0555-22-0703
E-Mail: Mail form