For Non-Japanese Employees of Japanese Employers during COVID-19
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has published the following information for foreigners who are working for Japanese employers during the COVID-19 pandemic.

For Foreigners Working in Companies [ORIGINAL LINK]

Even when the new coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a decrease in business for the company, foreign workers are not allowed to be treated less favorably than Japanese workers just because they are foreigners.

1. Company must pay a leave allowance to Japanese as well as foreign workers when they are forced to take days off from work by the company.
2. When you take days off from work because your children's schools are closed, you can use paid vacation days just like Japanese workers.
3. The subsidy the national government pays companies to protect worker employment can be used for Japanese as well as foreign workers.
4. Companies cannot freely fire you at will. When a company wants to fire a foreign worker, the same rules as Japanese workers must be followed.

If you need help, please consult your local labour bureau, labour standards supervision office or public employment security office (Hello Work).

External Resources

○ Frequently asked questions are listed here.
 [Q&A for workers](March 6th, 2020 version)

○ The labour bureau is where you can consult about the following:
 ・ When you are worried about your company or work, but do not know where to consult
[Click here for labour bureau contact information]
※ Contact information is in hiragana (look for #19 山梨県労働局)

○ The labour standards supervision office is where you can consult about the following:
 ・ How to receive leave allowance
 ・ How to use paid vacation days
 ・ Rules for being fired
 ・ Other things related to working conditions such as wages and working hours
[Click here for labour standards supervision office contact information]

○ The public employment security office (Hello Work) is where you can consult about the following:
・ How to find and be introduced to jobs
 ・ How to get employment insurance benefits when you quit your job
[Public employment security office (Hello Work) contact information]
※ Contact information is in hiragana and letters

○ Please see here if you have any concerns or want to know about the coronavirus.
[Link to Japanese coronavirus website]

Ministry of Health, Labor & Welfare Flyers
Tiếng Việt
Adobe Readerを入手する
Inquiries about contents
Fujiyoshida Office of International Affairs
Address:1842 Shimoyoshida Fujiyoshida-shi Ymanashi