For Foreign Nationals Enrolled in the National Pension System

All residents of Japan between the ages of 20 and 59 regardless of nationality are required to enroll in the national pension system. Foreign nationals just like Japanese nationals may receive benefits if they have been enrolled in the system for at least 10 years (includes exemption periods). However, those who live abroad may not remain enrolled in the national pension system and time spent living abroad will not be included as part of the total insured period.

Lump-Sum Withdrawal Payments

・Those who leave Japan before fulfilling the requirements to receive pension benefits are eligible for a Lump Sum Withdrawal.
・To qualify, you must have been enrolled for over 6 months and apply within 2 years of leaving Japan.
・Those who received disability pension benefits are not eligible.

※ The application for the Lump Sum Withdrawal are not processed at City Hall so please contact the National Pension Office or visit the link for further information.

Inquiries about contents
Fujiyoshida Office of International Affairs
Address:6-1-1 Shimoyoshida Fujiyoshida-shi Ymanashi
E-Mail:Click here.